Show More
Subscribe for History Imprint updates
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Pinterest Icon
Tin Court Cemetery 005

There are nearly 2000 graves in this cemetery, formed from a number of smaller ones after the war. The villages of Tincourt and Boucly were occupied by British troops in March 1917, during the German Retreat to the Hindenburg Line from the following May until March 1918, Tincourt became a centre for Casualty Clearing Stations. On the 23rd March 1918, the villages were evacuated and they were recovered, in a ruined