Subscribe for History Imprint updates
Show More
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Pinterest Icon
V.C. CORNER AUSTRALIAN CEMETERY

On the morning of 19 July 1916, after a preliminary bombardment, the 5th Australian and 61st (South Midland) Divisions undertook what is officially known as the Attack at Fromelles. It became a disaster, especially for the Australians. Corner Cemetery was made after the Armistice. It contains the graves of 410 Australian soldiers who died in the Attack at Fromelles and whose bodies were found on the battlefield, but not a single body could be identified.